The ten semifinalists in the annual Women Driving Auto Retail video contest have been named! Now in its fourth year, the Women Driving Auto Retail video contest celebrates women who work in all areas of car or truck dealerships and aims to encourage more women to pursue a career in auto retail.
Given the global pandemic impacting our world and the auto retail industry, this year’s contest asked women working in dealerships to share their experience and how they’ve adapted during COVID. In a video of three minutes or less, entrants were also asked to share why the auto retail industry is still a great career path.
Launched in August 2019, the video contest is part of NADA’s Women Driving Auto Retail initiative, which highlights the current voices of women working in dealerships and encourages other women to pursue automotive careers.
NADA received an unprecedented number of entries this year — with many entries again featuring multiple women from the same dealership. Women featured in the entries ranged from service technicians to general managers and showcased a wide range of experience and backgrounds.
The ten semi-finalists are:
- Meghan Pakenham, Autosport Acura of Denville (Hillsborough, N.J.)
- Ana Loredo, BMW of San Diego (San Diego, Calif.)
- Teri Saenz, Dewey Ford (Ankeny, Iowa)
- Dick’s Auto Group (Hillsboro, Ore.)
- Rhiannon Maloney, Honda North (Clovis, Calif.)
- Maple Hill Auto Group (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
- Marysville Toyota (Marysville, Wash.)
- Morrie’s Automotive Group (Minnetonka, Minn.)
- Michelle Kornman, Paul Miller Motor Company (Lexington, Ky.)
- Jennifer Carroll, Trophy Nissan (Dallas, Texas)
Nine of these winners will receive a $500 gift card. The grand-prize winner will be announced during the Women Driving Auto Retail Virtual Happy Hour held in conjunction with NADA Show 2021 on Wednesday, February 10, from 5-6pm ET. The grand-prize winner will receive a $1,000 gift card plus complimentary registration to NADA Show 2022 in Las Vegas!
Check out of the videos from our ten finalists below, and find more information on NADA’s Women Driving Auto Retail initiative and stay update to date on events by following NADA on Facebook.